Thursday, March 12, 2009

Takes Some Bawls To Do This...





In creating a new portfolio in our growing product photography segment, I collected two fascinating bottles, including a 12oz BAWLS Guarana bottle replete with divits that felt manly. I felt manly, for sure. Also threw in a Spanish wine bottle opener and a couple of flashlights for good measure. With a couple of speedlights placed around the set, I went to work painting the subject and the background with the flashlights. But then I explored with creating more of an earthy, volcanic theme as I pointed the flashlights back at the camera's shutter to create the streaks in the BAWLS shots. For the wine, I had my belly flat on the floor for an grasshopper's perspective of the bottle. That's why it looks so tall and commanding. But the quality of light from the handheld flashlights really drew my eye in--hope you agree.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics, Marc! You are the best photographer in the whole world! (Okay--this is really Marc writing this and am I pathetic or what, puffing myself up like that? :-) )

    Looser!

    marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Marc, you are not a 'looser'--only losers would not know how to spell 'loser'! Take a spelling course or use spellchecker, for goodness sake. You should be ashamed of yourself...

    (Okay, marc again--and it looks like my test of comment posting is working--and yes, I need to get a life!)

    marc

    ReplyDelete

Keep in touch, give feedback, or just spread the love!